Time saving spaghetti with tomato sauce – Spaghetti al pomodoro
Create a fantastically simple spaghetti with tomato sauce dish
with ingredients straight from our site!
SPAGHETTI AL POMODORO
This simple pomodoro sauce is at the base of Italian cooking. So much so that Italians refer to this dish simply as sugo, which means ‘sauce’. It is possibly the most universal sauce of all and can be used plain or as the base for other more complicated sauces. Served with Penne, it’s a kids’ favourite!
Rather than struggling to find the right tomatoes, why not try Mutti Salsa Pronta. There is no better pasta than De Cecco Spaghetti to accompany this sauce and finish it all off with a drizzle of Farchioni Classico Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
This post is also available in:
1. To begin, bring a large pot of water to the boil. When boiled, add salt and pasta.
2. Cook the pasta following the instructions on the packet.
3. While waiting for the pasta to cook, gently heat the Mutti tomato sauce in a separate pot.
4. When the pasta is cooked “al dente” (roughly 11 minutes), drain and place in a large serving bowl.
5. Quickly add the warm tomato sauce and mix until all the pasta has been coated.
6. Dress the pasta with the basil leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.
to place an order for our traditional Italian food.